Kurio makes mobile MLS searches easy
The Hawaii MLS system can be difficult to navigate and sort, especially for people who don't have agent-level access. Now, thanks to a new website called Kurio, real estate agents and their customers can get the most updated MLS information on their phones and computers. Best of all, it's free.
Although Kurio can be accessed via computer, people on the go are using it because it works on any web-enabled mobile device, such as the iPhone, BlackBerry Torch, Palm Pre, and Android phones, as well as iPads and similar digital notebooks. It also works on older generation WAP/text based phones.
Some of the selling points of using this service include the ability to search:
- Properties: By GPS, address, MLS number, agent name and more
- Active listings (for realtors): View your active listings & your office listings
- Market updates: MLS-wide or customized to a specific area
- Open houses: By GPS, property type, price range and timeframe
- Enhanced listing data: Supplemented with walkability score, neighborhood information, similar nearby properties, and mortgage info
Another cool option — which is updated daily — is the list of properties with price changes. So if you're strict about your price point while shopping for a home, this may help in the process.
Like with amazon.com, you can also save properties to a list of favorites. If you're a buyer working with a realtor, this can help them get a better idea of the kinds of homes you're most interested in to help you when new properties come on the market that match your criteria.
Posted on Tuesday, May 24, 2011 in Permalink