Jobs at Lei Chic
Posted on: Dec. 3, 2010
PacificBasin Communications is seeking an Associate Editor to work on our daily fashion and shopping website, Lei Chic. We seek a high-energy, multi-faceted marketing/publishing professional who can deftly balance web publishing/marketing with journalism. With a daily newsletter, active social networks and a bi-weekly TV segment, the Associate Editor will function as part fashionista, part journalist, part expert web marketer.
Submit Resume/Letter of Interest to: Alyson Helwagen, Publisher, firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Generate story ideas, research and write daily articles for Lei Chic
* Recruit, train, assign and manage freelance writers, as needed.
* Use Dreamweaver and Photoshop software, and web interface to update website and code newsletters
* Collaborate with art director and photographer on photos and illustrations for stories.
* In collaboration with Publisher, plan and set-up bi-weekly morning news segment on Hawaii News Now
* Maintain social networks, including Facebook and Twitter, for the Lei Chic brand.
* Collaborate with Marketing Director and Events Director to create and execute event-based promotions to drive web traffic and email subscriptions.
* Collaborate with Advertising Director and advertising salespeople to coordinate ad placement on daily emails and assist with creation of advertorials, etc.
* Assist with some administrative functions
* Other duties as needed
· Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism preferred, with 2-3 years writing/editorial experience
· Strong interest in local fashion scene.
· Must have solid, proven researching, reporting and writing skills.
· Must have strong interest and working knowledge of marketing and promotions.
· Must have working knowledge or strong interest in learning and working with web software and programs including Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Joomla, Wordpress, Email Service Providers, and others.
Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2010 in Permalink