Weekend Picks - Saturday, September 29, 2012
What: In case you missed it, a local label made a cameo in last weekend's Primetime Emmy Awards telecast. Modern Family's Ed O'Neill wore Organik's Kona Sunset T-shirt during a taped behind-the-scenes sketch. Co-founder Ed Fernandez says the wardrobe choice was completely unexpected.
Details: Watch the clip here, then stop by Organik's pop-up shop tonight at Honolulu Night Market at Kakaako to congratulate them!
In a Pickles
What: You've got one more day to shop Padma & Pickles' trunk show at Fighting Eel Kailua. Pick up designer Kelsey Nishi's newest druzy and watermelon tourmaline pieces at 15 percent off (with select pieces for 20 percent off), and find out how 20 percent of all proceeds help treat and foster abandoned animals.
When: Today, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Where: Fighting Eel Kailua, 629 Kailua Rd., Suite 130.
Young and the Restless
What: The first round of MB x Wonderland's Restless Summer collection just hit stores - black and white zigzag leggings, body con mini dresses and a slouchy top with rainbow-striped back. The leggings are going fast, but don't worry; new pieces will be rolling out every week through the end of October.
Where: Bamboo Sky, 401 Kamakee St., #104; and Homecoming Boutique, 1191 Bethel St.
Details: View the entire Restless Summer collection here.
A Ward Winning
What: If you crave a mid-week pau hana pick me up, head to Ward Centers for the return of Ward Wednesdays. Every Wednesday, participating restaurants will offer special happy hour deals and discounts, like 50 percent off drinks at Dave & Buster's or $2 tacos and $2 Primo beers at Wahoo's Fish Taco. Check Ward Centers' Facebook page every Wednesday for the night's specials.
Details: Designated drivers get one free non-alcoholic drink with coupon at participating restaurants.
- Kate Spade has teamed up with Paperless Post to produce a line of digital greeting cards featuring the brand's signature stripes and prints.
Who: Dolce, Ward Centre
Deal: Up to 40 percent off select merchandise in its "End of Summer" sale.
When: Today and tomorrow.
Who: Fighting Eel Downtown, 1133 Bethel St., and Kailua, 629 Kailua Rd., Suite 130
Deal: 25 percent off Fighting Eel's summer collection.
Deal: Extra 25 percent off online purchases with the code STYLE25.
When: Ends tomorrow.
Who: SoHa Living, Kahala Mall
Deal: 15 percent off all Halloween items.
When: Through tomorrow.
Who: The Butik, 1067 Kapiolani Blvd., Suite A-3
Deal: 15 percent off all regular-priced items when you bring your own shopping bag.
When: Through tomorrow.
Who: Tamara Catz, 83 Hana Hwy., Paia, Maui
Deal: 20 percent off online purchases with the code fallsale.
When: Through Wednesday.
Several Windward Mall retailers are offering special discounts today as part of a mall-wide effort to raise awareness about breast cancer:
- Jeans Warehouse: 20 percent off regular-priced pink or fuchsia items.
- Koolau Pets: 30 percent off regular-priced items.
- Regis Salon: 20 percent off regular-priced retail items (excluding Moroccan Oil) and color services with select stylists.
- Sanrio: Pink surprise bags with $50 worth of merchandise for $25.
- T&C Surf Designs: 20 percent off one single apparel item, not valid on sale or promotional items.
- Donate $25 to the American Cancer Society and get a free tote bag.
- Spend $75 in same-day receipts at Windward Mall and get a free movie ticket.
Posted on Saturday, September 29, 2012 in Permalink