Holiday gift ideas from Martin & MacArthur
Rock On Wood (Sponsored)
What elegant, locally hand-crafted gift do you buy for the guy or girl who has everything?
Woodn't you like to know.
Seriously. We're talking about Martin & MacArthur's rich, curl-grain Koa wood that's privately grown and harvested on the Big Island and hand-crafted into luxe, you'll-have-it-forever keepsakes. Here are a few of our favorite finds:
1. The sleek, retro-inspired silhouette of Malia Koa Desk Clock adds elegance to any room. $125.
2. Locally made Kaiulani Crossbody Bags blend style and function with supple calfskin leather, solid Koa zipper pulls and a fully lined satin interior. $195.
3. Each classically shaped Koa Eternity Ring is lined with scratch-resistant tungsten and sized for men and women. Choose from seven styles, including accents of Swarovski crystals or iridescent Paua shells. From $199.
4. Water-resistant iKoa for iPhone cases are made from perfectly carved solid koa wood and, unlike other cases, actually look richer with wear. From $179, available for iPhone 4/4s and 5/5s.
5. Don't worry about tossing your keys around - Koa Eternity Key Rings accented with classic Hawaiian images will never scratch or dull. $89.
6. The Monarch is the king of Koa watches with individually carved links, self-winding Precision 21 jewel movement and a scratch-resistant sapphire-glass crystal face. $1,950, available in gold and silver.
7. With more than 20 styles for men and women, Koa sunglasses flatter every face while shielding peepers with UVA/UVB protection and patented anti-glare technology. $295.
8. Add a unique touch to your tree with Koa 3D ornaments that interlock to form classic Hawaiian shapes and store flat after the holidays. From $22.
Martin & MacArthur has stores on Oahu, Maui, Kauai and the Big Island. For more information or to shop online, visit www.MartinandMacArthur.com.